Naming a "farm"...Need help...

longlegz86

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 23, 2012
Rutherfordton NC
Ok my "farm" is still a work in progress but I need help naming it. We live on 2 acres in NC near the NC/SC line. Its out in the middle of nowhere...barely can even get cell signal or internet here.... Im trying to figure out what I should call the place. Right now I have just a handfull or two of chickens but I want to add Garden beds and more Chickens later on. Also thinking of other easy to take care of animals for later on. There is several farms in this area but they are alot bigger than where we are but I still think I can do it and have fun with it! Help me out........So far im drawing a blank!

how about "low signal farm" lol...... we just used our last name and added "family farm" to it. we have a ton of little farms around us in NH. good luck!
wink.png

I always love names from other languages or places that mean things.

What is your heritage, where are your ancestors from? There are a ton of beautiful Gaelic, Irish translation names that I love. I am Italian, and I finding names for animals and places that way. I keep a list of my racehorse names for if my ship ever comes in, I have a long list of choices ready!
I found one the other day,, "Cerva Trova" , it means search and you will find. Thought that was neat.

Not too helpful am I, but I feel that naming a place, animal or child is so personal. Our small farm is named "The Peek" because when we found the property on a real estate listing, we fell in love with it, and began a long few months of working out an agreement on a price from the former owner. We would drive by it and drool, there was a little break in the heavily treed road frontage where we used to park and sneak a look out on to the gorgeous pastures. Our 9 year old daughter used to get off the school bus and ask...."can we drive by The Peek spot?" We started calling it The Peek, and it took. When we went to get a sign made for the columns out front, the man who owned the sign shop said... oh sorry, you spelled The Peak wrong.... and I smiled and said...no, I spelled it correctly, its "The Peek"!

Good Luck, let us know what you think of,

MB

I always love names from other languages or places that mean things.

What is your heritage, where are your ancestors from? There are a ton of beautiful Gaelic, Irish translation names that I love. I am Italian, and I finding names for animals and places that way. I keep a list of my racehorse names for if my ship ever comes in, I have a long list of choices ready!
I found one the other day,, "Cerva Trova" , it means search and you will find. Thought that was neat.

Not too helpful am I, but I feel that naming a place, animal or child is so personal. Our small farm is named "The Peek" because when we found the property on a real estate listing, we fell in love with it, and began a long few months of working out an agreement on a price from the former owner. We would drive by it and drool, there was a little break in the heavily treed road frontage where we used to park and sneak a look out on to the gorgeous pastures. Our 9 year old daughter used to get off the school bus and ask...."can we drive by The Peek spot?" We started calling it The Peek, and it took. When we went to get a sign made for the columns out front, the man who owned the sign shop said... oh sorry, you spelled The Peak wrong.... and I smiled and said...no, I spelled it correctly, its "The Peek"!

Good Luck, let us know what you think of,

MB

Awww how sweet!! I am not sure where exactly my ancestors are from but I reallllly love Italy and Italian food so maybe something along those lines.....

Back
Top Bottom