1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Naming my ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bbducks, Apr 17, 2016.

1. bbducks

bbducks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2016
    I have 2 ducks, a crested one and a caguya and they still don't have names. What should I name them?[​IMG]

2. CookieChicken03

CookieChicken03 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2016
    I loved naming my chickens and it is usually pretty easy but this one got me. I love food names and most of my birds are named after foods. So for the white one I would say something like Marshmellow or Papaya (I know papayas are not white, but she just looked like a papaya to me.) The black one was hard. The names I thought of were Cocoa (one of my birds names :) Olive, Sonata, and Licorice. It is a lot more fun if you add something else to their names. For example, my chicken, Cocoa, is also called Cocoa bean. I hope you choose one of these names!

I take my bird naming very seriously.[​IMG]

3. bbducks

Apr 16, 2016
    thanks!! I love the name olive:)

4. CookieChicken03

CookieChicken03 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2016
    Happy to help. [​IMG]

Hope your ducks have a long, happy life!

5. Jujubeans2008

Jujubeans2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2016
    Molino, Florida
    I'm weird. I like naming my animals after my favorite characters from movies, books, and tv shows.

My four ducks are named: Topanga (from Boy Meets World), Rowan (The actress that plays Riley, in girl meets world), Puddles, and Quackers. I just thought their names were fitting. ;)

Your crested duck makes me think of "Momo" because it has a Mohawk. ;)

6. bbducks

Apr 16, 2016
    Aww! Puddles and quackers are a really cute name!!

7. Jujubeans2008

Jujubeans2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2016
    Molino, Florida
    Thank you! You're welcome to use them if you like them. ;)

I remember when I was little, on a TV show that I used to watch, there was a duck that used to say "Cheese and Quackers." I have always wanted ducks, like my entire life, so I also held onto this name forever. :)

I thought of Puddles' name because he cannot stay out of the water. Haha.

I also thought of Waddles, but sadly the duck that we were going to name Waddles passed away, shortly after arriving home. :(

8. AxolotlLove

AxolotlLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2016
    Me to! I've gotta Topanga, and a Farkle, and a Lucaya. Haha. Also a Sam, Carly, Freddie, and Gibby. And many of my ducks just have names I like.

9. AxolotlLove

AxolotlLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2016
    If your ducks still need names, is name them something other than Waddles or Quack, not that they are bad names I think they're cute, but it's like naming a dog Woof or a cat MeowMeow. I think for the black one I would name her Luna, or Charlotte, and the white one I like the name Papaya! It's a cute name! Or Maya Papaya because it rhymes

10. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    Wow that is really weird. You will never believe this: three of the ducks I ordered this April were named Quackers, Puddles, and Waddles. Waddles died at a few days old. I did not steal the names from you - honest!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by