Nankin Bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bantamman13, Sep 5, 2008.

1. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Sorry if I posted in wrong area but does anyone have any info on Nankin Bantams what info I can find is limited and I can't find anyone who has breeding stock or hatching eggs any ideas? Thx for any help

2. New Tarheel

New Tarheel Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2008
    I raise Nankins and have a few extras at the moment. PM me if you are interested. I raise both single comb and rose comb, but only have single comb available right now.

For more information about the breed, the Nankin Club of America has a website.

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Welcome New Tarheel!!! [​IMG]

Let me guess what state you are from,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

North Carolina? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  4. New Tarheel

New Tarheel Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2008
    Thanks Kris. And your guess is exactly right!

As my tag implies I'm new to the state though and about to experience my first hurricane (I'm originally from CA). Hopefully my family and my birds (and everybody else) get through it with minimal damage.

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    OOh take care. Hope everything goes well and you stay safe.

6. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Thanks for the response NewTarheel sent you a pm. Hope you weather the storm alright.[​IMG]

7. pasofino11

pasofino11 New Egg

Aug 23, 2008
    I have Nankin Bantams. I only have 1 rooster and 2 hens but I will be letting the hens sit in the Spring. The rooster is beautiful and the hens are tame. Where are you? I am in north Georgia.

8. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Does anyone have pics?

9. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    KEWLLLL-- and I am in the middle in SC and have a pair of rose comb nankins! I know NOTHING about them but when I saw then at a show I couldn't resist ( resistance is futile) knowing they are a rare breed and that I might not ever have another opportunity

10. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    A shot of my Nankins. It isn't very good. They move so quickly. I could never get them or the OEG bantams to sit still.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by