Nankin isnt eating right!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sgt_dane, Aug 14, 2010.

1. sgt_dane

sgt_dane Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    I have a little 9 week old nankin rooster, hes so thin and tired all the time. He is only eating his food if it comes out of the water. i have to place his food in the water in order for him to eat, and still he doesnt eat enough to keep himself going. im worried that hes not going to make it! Help please!

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    will he eat scrambled eggs? Maybe make them real soft? Good luck

3. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Have you tried mixing some of his food with water or yogurt to make it soft to get him to eat?

You can also a a tiny bit of vitamin electrolyte powder either to his water or his food. You can tempt him with small meal worms, grated cheese etc.

4. sgt_dane

May 16, 2010
    Well i figured out that all he eats is bugs! He eats them like CRAZY and wont eat the chicken food.. He used to eat chicken food, he just stopped all the sudden for some reason..

5. sgt_dane

May 16, 2010
    [​IMG] So my little boy only eats bugs.. How much are they supposed to eat on a daily basis? I dont want to underfeed him or over feed him, hes gonna be kinda expencive to keep this winter, he doesnt eat anything else! I tried noodles, shredded carrots, bread, he wont eat any of it.... ???

6. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    You might have to grow some meal worms for him! If you run a search someone has given very good instructions on how to do it.

Have you tried him with some grated cheese? If he eats that maybe you could introduce a little of his feed at a time mixed with a little water until he gets used to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by