1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Nanners Chics I am a new member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nanners Chics, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Nanners Chics

Nanners Chics New Egg

Mar 8, 2017
    Hi, I am new to backyard chickens and wanted to share some information. Processing our meat birds whole or cut up always seemed to be a chore when trying to find the right size bag whether is was a vacuum sealed or freezer type bags. We found Poultry shrink bags that you use with a water bath method. We purchased them from Top of the Mountain Veg Farm. These folks are the best to deal with, great customer service, order shipped the very same day. They offer various sizes to choose from. I placed my order over the phone, but can order online. Check out their website www.topofthemountainvegetablefarm.com

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Nanners Chics [​IMG] Welcome!

Thank you for the tip but no processing here, just spoiled pet bantams [​IMG]

You might also want to share your tip on the Meat Birds Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/21/meat-birds-etc

And pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have aboard! [​IMG]

7. WillGriffin03

WillGriffin03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2016
    Macedon Ranges

Welcome to our neck of the woods!