Napa Neophyte Expectantant chicken mom for Frizzles and Silkies!

Napa Neophyte

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2017
Intro: I have been enthralled with getting chickens since moving to Napa from San Francisco almost 7 years ago. It started with an ad on Craig's list for gorgeous Frizzles and Silkies. How could I resist. Chickens that look just like my kitty Junior? I'm planning on picking up a straight run of chicks in a week and have been working on a coop for them for over three months. Can't wait to actually have the girls here. Thanks for all the advice posted on these pages. I swear I've earned my PhD in Backyard Chickens from what I've studied and read! Looking forward to joining your ranks!

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Chickens are so much fun to keep, they really do enrich your life!

If you have any questions about your new flock, feel free to ask around the forums. So just make yourself at home here.

Welcome to our community! :)

Hey there! So glad you're with us! Silkies and sizzles are wonderful birds, and some of the best (if not THE best) in my opinion! If you ever have any issues or questions, you can message me and I'll answer them the best I can. I hope you have fun with your birds!
Also, you live in Napa?! I do too!

Welcome to BYC Broody with chicks.jpeg

:frow Hi Neighbor!
I live in Woodland

:welcome

I hope all your chicks turn out to be girls but with them being 'straight run' there is a possibility you could end up with one or more boys. Probably be a good idea to have a plan of action ready just in case.

Thanks for joining us, hope we see pictures when they arrive!

:welcome:celebrate

I tell ya, I spent well over a year reading and studying and soaking up every little drop of chicken info I could..... and, once I got the day old chickies home.... I realized I was the biggest NEWB on the planet!!! lol but you'll love every second of it..... and watch out for the chicken math!

View attachment 1148879

:frow Hi Neighbor!
I live in Woodland
Oh my, what cute babies!!
:welcome:celebrate

I tell ya, I spent well over a year reading and studying and soaking up every little drop of chicken info I could..... and, once I got the day old chickies home.... I realized I was the biggest NEWB on the planet!!! lol but you'll love every second of it..... and watch out for the chicken math!
Oh no....no one told me there was math involved!
:welcome

I hope all your chicks turn out to be girls but with them being 'straight run' there is a possibility you could end up with one or more boys. Probably be a good idea to have a plan of action ready just in case.

Thanks for joining us, hope we see pictures when they arrive!
Hi there, I'm already planning for a few boys unless I win the lottery! There are many farms in the area and I also am a volunteer at the local no kill shelter, so I'm sure I'll be able to find good homes for them! Otherwise, it may be one of those no crow collars!

Back
Top Bottom