Narragansett over Midget White

Ridgerunner

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Feb 2, 2009
Southeast Louisiana
These turkey chicks are from a Narragansett tom over a Midget White hen. Are these sex links? If so, which are the male and which the female? Any idea how they might feather out?

Thanks

Narragansett is a sexlinked gene so the females from this cross should be narragansett looking.
But if the white parent hides the same gene that won't help, because the males could be too.
You have a good chance that they are sexlinks... ;)
The males bronze, but again, the white parent could hide anything.

Here are some of the babies from that I am raising from the Narraganset Midget White cross. I have to get some updated photos tomorrow since they are way bigger now. I have been told they are Blue Slate but they don't show any black spots like splash usually has. Maybe as they mature they will get some? Is it possible to get Blue Slate if the Narraganset tom carries the gene for it? Thank you for any info. I am raising 6 and keeping them to breed with later.

Oh and I forgot to say so far all the dark ones have come out Narraganset colored in both sexes and the blue slate in both sexes as well, so I don't see any sex link going on.

So white midgets and Narragansett co mingle, and the results are This, there is one picture of what the regular non crossed chicks look like kinda want to speed up time and grow them out to see how they look ,act and dress at.

Now my question is if I were to keep 1-2 of the crossed largest healthier ones , would I be helping or hurting my self down the line?

Back
Top Bottom