Narragansett turkey poults

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by FarmGirl01, May 7, 2008.

1. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Just wanted to tell everyone about my new poults. I bought one of the Genesis incubators. I have done chicks before and these were my first turkeys.
    I put in 18 eggs and got 18 poults. I was so exicited when they started to pip. All babies are doing fine. Showing a strong desire to eat and drink. I was a little worried about that.[​IMG]

2. ironrat

ironrat New Egg

Apr 25, 2008
    100% is pretty good

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    You must have done something right! Great hatch!
    Were your eggs shipped?

4. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I had the tom and hens. Another hen is sitting on five eggs. We'll see how well she does.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  5. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    Thats a great hatch its amazing how good the hatch is when its from home. the only one I haven't had hatch was my fault when the hatcher get to 113. well i did try two that sat in standing water for 2 days they never developed though. Crystal

6. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Wow thats a great hatch. Those poults are cute.

7. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I deceided to feed them crumbles with a little water to wet it down. They love it. All the babies come to eat. It was a real good way to get them all started. I read that somewhere on BYC. Great advice.[​IMG]

8. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Well the poults made it past the first few days. Everyone is eating and drinking fine. The wing feathers are growing so fast. I will be finding homes for them soon. How much do you guys think is a good price to ask for them? Any suggestions?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by