nasal discharge????????????????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by biddie, Nov 13, 2009.

1. biddie

biddie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2009
    I just noticed my Roo has a black tar looking stuff around his nasal area but no sneezing or bubbles in eyes he seems just fine. I dont get close to him much he likes to pick me. we have a agreement if i leave him alone he aves me alone.
    [​IMG] you can see some on his comb. I thought maybe the pine shavings bother him ? They all act fine The hens are molting and only laying a egg a day now?

Just thought i'd ask??????

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Comb just looks like scabs in the pics and perhaps it was just dirt on his beak?

3. biddie

Jul 21, 2009
    thanks for the reply. even though we pick on each other (me and the roo) I would hate to see him get sick. (I think we have one of those love, hate relationships, LOL)[​IMG][​IMG]

4. biddie

Jul 21, 2009
    Now he has feathers stuck to his nose so there must be something there.Guess i'll have to try to grab him up and look - not looking forward to this.

5. biddie

Jul 21, 2009
    here is a better picture.[​IMG]

6. biddie

Jul 21, 2009
    well it wasn't that bad! I grabbed him up and used warm soapy water and cleaned it off,it looked like blood maybe he got bit or pecked?
    I'm not sure but it looks better now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by