nasty Rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sassy chickens, Feb 22, 2013.

1. sassy chickens

sassy chickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2013
    I have a handsome but bad temper Rooster ... I thought by giving his own house and hen that it would make him happy...But it hasnt .. every time i go out to feed him he trys to flog me... what to do ... what to do

2. Chris Alvarez

Chris Alvarez New Egg

Jan 26, 2013
    Roosters like that would be better by themselves for some time, because what he is doing is trying to protect his hens; if that doesn't work give him away or put him in the soup pot.

3. sassy chickens

Feb 22, 2013
    I did think about that but he is so handsome i really hate to kill him ... but i am afraid to give him a way and he hurts some one ... that would be bad ... but if he flogs me again it will be a bullet [​IMG]

4. jhabaa1

jhabaa1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2012
    Dickinson, TX
    That is a hard spot to be in.

5. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    I have zero tolerance for human aggressive roos, no matter how pretty...if it were me I would eat him without hesitation lol

6. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    oh and [​IMG] sassy chickens!

7. sassy chickens

Feb 22, 2013
    Ya I think i found some one to give my Rooster to that dont have kids ..... I feel better Thanks for all the comments

8. sassy chickens

Feb 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

9. sassy chickens

Feb 22, 2013
    the other day i posted that i had a very nasty but handsome Rooster .... and i thought i had him given a way but they didnt come get him ... So this morning i go to feed him and he did it again this time he tryed to get me in my face .... As soon as i could kick him off me i went and got the GUN need i say more ... I didnt wont to but he left me no choice .. i dressed him out and he is wating in the fregg .... yumm....yummm....yummm[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

He'll taste particularly good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by