Nasty Weather Nasty Coop

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MissChessy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. MissChessy

MissChessy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    This is just ain't the time to be having chickens.......Been having a lot of rain and even had some snow here in the heart of Gulf Coast Texas! The Coop and Chicken run is awful....wet, muddy and extremely stinky! Wish I can let my hens out so they can get some fresh air and green grass-what's left of it...all under water. Can't let them out, got a garden. Whew! Ready for some sunshine!!

2. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I know exactly what you are talking about... and it probably won't dry up before the next rain this friday and saturday

3. ChicknLover

ChicknLover Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    Montello
    Happened to me too when it wouldn't stop raining, put some pallets down in their run, viola!

4. MissChessy

MissChessy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    I saw where it is gonna rain again Friday! Whew! That North wind blows the stench towards me when I'm outside! Whew! Talk about stink! I'm trying to find some pelletized lime to throw in the run and hen house.

On top of that, my hens do not want to go outside at all. They want to stay in the nest boxes. I've given up on keeping those things cleaned out, they just mess it up all over again. Discouraging to me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by