National Poultry Museum Grand Opening

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by geareduplyn, Apr 26, 2009.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    To me at least this is an important event, and I'm not sure this is the proper place to post it, but is anyone else going to the Grand Opening on the 8th of May.

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    More info please.

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    National Poultry Museum grand opening May 8
    The National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame proudly announces the "Grand Opening" of the National Poultry Museum. The event will be held May 8 at the National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame, 630 N. 126th St., Bonner Springs, KS 66012.

The grand opening culminates a fifteen year effort, spear-headed by Loyl Stromberg of Pine River, Minn. The goal of the effort has been to create a museum which celebrates the achievements of the poultry industry and illustrates the impact the industry has had on the typical American.

The exhibits are designed to go beyond the display of artifacts to the exploration of the major milestones or accomplishments of the industry. Ingenuity, invention, policy, hard work and perseverance have all played a part in the "evolution of an industry." The question is--"how will future generations build on the past and create an even stronger and more dynamic industry tomorrow?"

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Sounds interesting--If I'm ever anywhere nearby, I'd be interested in visiting, but I live a thousand plus miles away [​IMG]

5. geareduplyn

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Thank You cluckychick. You obviousy are a faster typist than I.

6. geareduplyn

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Quote:I'm actually 1183 miles away. I'm going.

7. cluckychick

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Quote:Nah, I just copied and pasted it out of a local newspaper [​IMG]

8. cluckychick

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    There's also a very nice Boy Scout camp in Bonner Springs: Theodore Naish Scout Reservation

There's also a very cool Marble Making Company there as well: Moon Marble Co

9. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    Finally, a reason to go to Kansas! (just kidding)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by