1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

National Young Bird Show in Louisville Ky

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by ghulst, Oct 24, 2010.

1. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Any of you going the show there Oct 29-30. I will be there showing Swing , Siliasion and Horseman Pouters. I will also be selling about 16 pouters in the the For Sale section. These breeds are all very good flyers. I have open loft all day and they are a sight to see. They fly much like a homer only they blow while flying.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've been wanting to pretty badly, though I don't think I'll be able to make it. Can't seem to talk anyone into driving me 100 miles to see birds [​IMG]

3. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Ill be there or be square! (I'm pretty much round shaped now)

Its a 12 hour run for me but I'm gonna make it. Ill be around the fantail area mostly but I do plan on coming home with some highflyers or NY flights. Really looking foreward to pilfering around in the sale area!

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I'm sure I'd be getting myself in trouble if I went there with money, I went to a poultry show yesterday with the intentions of 'just looking' and came home with 4 more ringneck doves and a pair of ringed teal ducks [​IMG]

I don't drive, so I'm kinda stuck if I can't find a ride [​IMG] But I'll plan all year next year to come and WILL be showing some doves! I think I'm addicted, they are so cool [​IMG]

5. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Me and three of my buddys are going! Can't wait. I want to get some Brunner pouters and a trap door.If anyone is just thinking about it be sure and go. Its amasing to see so many breeds of pigeons.

6. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I think I'm going.

7. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    I will be making the twenty minute drive Saturday as well!

8. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    [​IMG]

I picked up a couple runts at the show.

9. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Pretty birds!
    I used to have runts. I wish they would have retained the utility type instead of having nothing but show type. I like the utility look more [​IMG] They looked like homers but giant sized.

10. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    That red check is beautiful! I sure would have loved to have some of them but they won't fit in my pocket book!lol. Keep us informed,I wonder how well they produce.
    I picked up 6 brunner pouters. Two from ghulst who started this thread. They are very nice. And he is a great guy too!I took some pics at the show and will load them later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by