Native Arizonan!

Mystery Chick

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Hi, I am new to this forum, and to raising chickens. I live in Mesa, AZ and have 28 chickens - 5-6 weeks old now that I got from McMurrays Hatchery. I have another post on here trying to identify the "Mystery chick" I got from there, LOL. Still don't know what it is...
sad.png

The other chicks I have are- 3 golden laced cochins (st run, bantams), 1 Americana (Easter egger)pullet, 3 buff rocks (2 pullet 1 roo), 3 buff cochins (2 pullet 1 roo, standard), 4 silver phoenix (2 pullet 2 roo), 3 salmon faverolles (2 pullet 1 roo), 3 black tailed buff and 2 black tailed white japanese bantams (st run), 1 RIR pullet, 1 white orpington pullet, 1 silver laced and 1 golden laced polish pullets, 1 silver laced cochin pullet (standard), and my "mystery" chick.
smile.png

I am going to have to sell several of them later as I can't keep as many as that in my area, so I was wondering which breeds are the best to keep for AZ? I got the phoenix chicks because my daughter wants to show them at the fair next year. I like the appearance of the cochins
smile.png
I also wanted an asortment of egg colors. I wouldn't have started out with as many, but had to order a minimum of 25 from McMurrays for delivery. I got an assortment because I liked so many I couldn't decide, and now I am having trouble deciding which to keep...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom