natural antibiotics

bluejeans

Songster
7 Years
Jul 25, 2012
New Mexico
tried buying some anti biotics in town yesterday but druggest says one has to have dr perscription and our feed store is new and does not carry powder teramicine -- i looked up on internet strongest natural antibiotic foods and evidently cloves are full of natural anti-biotics ,,so im trying them on one of my 6 month old ducks that wont eat .. duck she is healthy looking and strong but has not eatin for three days so.. .hope it works . i have taken 3 cloves crushed them to get skin off and put them in avery small blender with a little water.. and caught duck opened her mouth and put some of cloves and juice way back on her tongue where she will have to swallow the pungent stuff.. will repeat this for twice a day for a few days and see if it works..

has any one else had any luck using cloves as natural anti-biotics? would like to hear about it ..

i have used cloves and honey and lemon juice as electrite mix for srecently shipped to me day old duckilings .. and it works well..
so i hope this will cure duck ..

Duck is eating again. and seems to be back to normal after second treatment of cloves i noticed she wated and even tried to eat but now she is doing fine :).

feed store still has not got antibiotics in and ordering through e bay would take to long ,

sure am happy cloves seemed to work,,

a mixture of cloves juice and honey and lemon juice mixed with water is a great natural electrilite one can make up at home not only for freshly shipped day old duckling on their arrival but also baby chicks .

any one interested in cloves medicinal value can look it up one internet (e how) .. ducks like humans are ominvores and can eat just about any thing people can eat . they may need it choped up a little differnt or perhaps even cooked but they often like the same foods people do...

any one interested in cloves medicinal value can look it up one internet (e how) .. ducks like humans are ominvores and can eat just about any thing people can eat . they may need it choped up a little differnt or perhaps even cooked but they often like the same foods people do...

That's not necessarilty true. Onions, chocolate, caffeine, just to name a few, are toxic to birds.

Originally Posted by ChristineR

That's not necessarilty true. Onions, chocolate, caffeine, just to name a few, are toxic to birds.

===========================================================

who told you that onions caffine and choclate are toxic to ducks ?
none of these are known to have natural antibiotics so its rather off topic still ----------- i doubt in very moderate amounts any of these would harm a duck especialy onions .

i know moderate amounts of choclate i have given to my dogs as treats . and often have shared a choclate bar with one of them and never had any problems
and some of muy dogs have lived well over the years some veternarians dogs ,i know have.. perhaps do to no choclate and not enough time spent with their dogs ..

Originally Posted by ChristineR

===========================================================

who told you that onions caffine and choclate are toxic to ducks ?
none of these are known to have natural antibiotics so its rather off topic still ----------- i doubt in very moderate amounts any of these would harm a duck especialy onions .

i know moderate amounts of choclate i have given to my dogs as treats . and often have shared a choclate bar with one of them and never had any problems
and some of muy dogs have lived well over the years some veternarians dogs ,i know have.. perhaps do to no choclate and not enough time spent with their dogs ..

About any article you look up on Google will tell you not to feed onions to birds, cats or dogs. It is also in the stickies at the top of the duck section here. Look under Treats and Supplements at the bottom of that it gives a list of foods not to give them. Here is a quote: "Onions-
Onions cause diarrhea, and sometimes vomiting in birds. It has been found that prolonged exposure can lead to a blood condition called hemolytic anemia, which is followed by respiratory distress and eventual death."

BTW, you might try asking your vet about giving your dogs chocolate as treats and find out what this can do to them. Just because you have "never had any problems" does not mean there aren't any. Again, Google is your friend.

i think you will find out that storys guide to raising ducks by dave Holderreid Dave has said pretty much the same i have said about ducks can eat just about anything humans can ..
including mashed potatoes . perhaps ducks just might like a little onion dip with their potatoe chips.. have you tried?

Back
Top Bottom