Natural Creepy Crawlie Repellents

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ArizonaNessa, May 16, 2009.

1. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    I found this page last night while looking for any alternative method of getting rid of flies and I thought maybe some of you would find this helpful. The link is for all kinds of creepy crawlies.

http://www.eartheasy.com/live_natpest_control.htm [​IMG]

2. silky ma

silky ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    I love this site!!
    Everything works as stated.
    I do use Sentry"s natural defense products, just dont breathe deep the odor is quite potent.

Fleas seem to be a problem this year. My pets havent had fleas in years!@ till this year the dogs brought some in.

If they are in your yard go to the store and buy a large bag or three of table sugar and hand fling it all over your yard.
    This will help the beneficial insects and weed control. Then let your lawn grow for at least 1 month--DONT MOW-- while watering it. This will give the beneficial bugs a home where they can then do their job of munching out on the flea eggs and larve.

Within the first year of meeting my hubby he had pesticide treated his yards past the recommended 2-3 xs a year trying to get rid of the valley flea that californians hate. The valley flea is tiny and black, better jumper than an animal flea and loves to bite!

I had him get rid of his shagg rugs and go hardwood floors and linoleum. We treated the dog and cats, and laid out a 1/2 inch layer of cedar shavings all over the whole-back- porch- area!

Boy did he squirm for a month!!!! But when he did mow he found the fleas gone! A healthy lawn is one that is cut no lower than 2-3inches. A lawn has its own micro climate if treated right.
    Use jerry bakers natural remedies not pesticides and fertilizers.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  3. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    I am so glad that someone thought it was handy. Personally I would rather do something natural before I have to use chemicals. [​IMG]

4. Big dreams

Big dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    very good info. Thank you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by