natural gmo free products

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crews28, Aug 28, 2014.

1. crews28

crews28 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2014
    Is there anything safe from GMO
    Bacitracin Methylene Disalicylate

was wondering if this was safe and where to buy it in raw form to add with natural feed seems like it is a antibiotic not sure.
    If anyone has anything that they add to natural feed to help with disease and supply nutrients let me know thanks

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Yes, it is an antibiotic. Not a good idea to give antibiotics unless you know which disease your birds have and that it is the correct one for treating it.

3. crews28

Aug 27, 2014
    so don't just add things to cover most stuff that can go wrong? just feed natural seeds and corn and wait till see problems or just add a lot of different vitamins and stuff in there feed each day?

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I guess I do not understand why someone would want to feed all natural, non-GMO and/or organic but then want to add an antibiotic just to cover stuff that may never happen? And no, seeds and corn is not a balanced diet. If you don't want to feed commercial feed then look for an organic feed, but they need some kind of balanced feed with the proper balance of vitamins and minerals.

As far as antibiotic's? No, you never want to just give them in an attempt to ward off disease. That is how diseases build resistance to the meds we depend on when a problem does arise. Treat disease when and if it shows up.

5. crews28

Aug 27, 2014
    makes sense ty for info

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by