natural incubation? or no?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chixaregreat41, Aug 23, 2013.

1. chixaregreat41

chixaregreat41 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    bruce mines
    My silkie has gone broody its day 3 this would be her first hatch will she do everything properly or should i heat up the incubator shes very agrresive when i or another chicken gets close what should i do leave theM with her or bring em in?!!

2. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    leave them with her it's much better having a broody than a incubator aggresive moms are always the best trust me she is gonna be a good mama[​IMG]

3. chickarooo

Aug 21, 2013
    i am on day 21 and I've got some wriggly peeping eggs and my hen is crazy aggressive but I just were gloves I know my broody is going to be a good mom and this is er first time she is pekin cross silkie and silkies always get broody and they are always good moms

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Let her hatch them. Hens are designed to do this and IMO broody hatched chicks always do better than incubator hatched.

5. chickarooo

Aug 21, 2013
    I had one hatch but I had to help it because it got dry up under the mother and it was stuck when I took it out it had absorbed the yolk and now it cute and fluffy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by