Natural Remedies

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by enola, Apr 9, 2009.

1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

If anyone on here is a natural remedy guru, would you please fill me in on a remedy for arthritis ??

I am really hurting from arthritis in my right shoulder [​IMG]

2. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Are you sure it's arthritis in your shoulder? Has it been diagnosed as arthritis? I might be able to help I just have to ask sone things first:>)

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Try searching Nature Sunshine Products in google. My mom is a big herbalist and isn't a fan of modern medicine. They have TONS of natural remedies and herbs that can be used, especially for arthritis. If you can't find anything, then I will ask her. [​IMG]

4. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    Quote:Mary Jane.

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I've heard that Emu rub stuff is sposed to be good... but I dunno. I'm trying to develop a good recipe for a salve for my knees.... I'll let you know if I ever succeed! [​IMG]

6. journey11

journey11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    WV
    Capaisin (sp?) cream is good for arthritis. It's contains the same oil from cayenne peppers that makes them hot. Works similar to Icy Hot (you rub it on the area), and you can get it over-the-counter at any drug store.

A heating pad would be helpful too, when you get a chance to sit with one.

Depending on the severity of your arthritis, these would give you some relief.

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Yes it has been diagnosed, in my right shoulder. It is really limiting the use of my right arm.

Thank you for the replies, you guys are great.

8. Torch404

Torch404 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Northern Cali
    MSM is supplement I've heard good things about. You can also use it with glucosamine and chondroitin.

I have not tried it but I have a friend who loves it.

9. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Enola,

I am also suffering with arthritis. I have it in my neck and shoulders. It is causing huge problems with my left arm. Right arm is not quite so bad.

The capsicum ointment is ok, and I make the heat pads myself. there are other creams like Deep Heat and things, they are good and warmth is great relief, I have a range of pain killers from my GP but to be honest I don;t think they do a lot. I do take supplements and vitamins for joints.

The restriction in movement is difficult to deal with, but as much as possible stay active. I also use wrist supports when I am working.

Good luck to you.

10. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    My mother was in a horrific car vs 4 wheeler accident years back . They almost amputated her leg , half the tendons and nerves are gone , so I'll tell you what she uses . She has arthritis in her knee , ankle , and hands . My grandmother (93 yrs young) uses this for her hips (both are replaced) and any other aches and pains . THEY SWEAR BY IT ! I do too for some aches . The stuff we buy is from an old lady who makes it here , it's called "Ruby's Arnica ointment".
    She's a little old lady that makes it just to have something to do . Arnica is a very powerfull herb used moslty on bruises , sprains , and is considered very helpfull for rheumatic symptoms . Hope this helps ![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by