Natural Remedies

CockerelDundee

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 26, 2014
Madeley Telford Shropshire UK
As anyone got any ideas for natural remedies to treat a hen with a sneeze/hiccup/cough, she is separated from the rest of the flock.
She is eating, drinking and pooping as normal, i have given her apple cider vinegar and garlic in her water.
Cheers
Willy

Last edited:
If a vet is not an option, you might try Olive Leaf Extract. It helped one of our hens that had pneumonia. Antibiotics didn't work so we figured it might be a fungal infection. She was quarantined for a couple of months, until the sneezing completely stopped. We used a dropper and forced a half dropper or so down her throat morning and night until she recovered (poor thing - the stuff is nasty).

We also put a small amount in the drinking water on occasion if we think the girls are starting to act a little off.

Hope your little one gets well soon.

Honey or sugar water as well as apple cider works well to boost the energy of a bird, but it won't put an end to an illness. I would recommend taking your hen to a veterinarian who will (hopefully) diagnose your bird with something and you could ask for natural remedies to cure it. Hope your hen gets well soon.

Just saw a post over on water/feed board that someone has had success with oregano and cinnamon. I agree, a vet would be the safest route, but if not an option. Check out the thread on natural antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom