Natural turkey hatch

EvansFamilyNH

Chirping
Jun 2, 2020
Our chocolate turkey hen hatched 6 babies on Friday. She came off the nest yesterday. All the babies are eating and drinking today. I cleaned the nest box of the unhatched eggs and straw and gave her fresh bedding. Curiosity got the better of me and i candled the eggs before tossing them. Needless to say 2 of the eggs had babies alive and kicking inside!! They look to be a week behind in development so i put them in the incubator and am hoping for success. I thought all the eggs developed at the same time. Does this happen often?this is the very first time we’ve ever hatched out turkeys

Our chocolate turkey hen hatched 6 babies on Friday. She came off the nest yesterday. All the babies are eating and drinking today. I cleaned the nest box of the unhatched eggs and straw and gave her fresh bedding. Curiosity got the better of me and i candled the eggs before tossing them. Needless to say 2 of the eggs had babies alive and kicking inside!! They look to be a week behind in development so i put them in the incubator and am hoping for success. I thought all the eggs developed at the same time. Does this happen often?this is the very first time we’ve ever hatched out turkeys
It happens very frequently that eggs get added to the nest after the hen goes broody.

I’d be interested to hear how those last eggs hatch out. I had a goose sitting on a nest that some ducks added eggs to. When the goose moved her nest, she left a duck egg behind. I found it a day or two later and it was still alive. It was about a week behind, and it eventually did hatch in my incubator.

I’d be interested to hear how those last eggs hatch out. I had a goose sitting on a nest that some ducks added eggs to. When the goose moved her nest, she left a duck egg behind. I found it a day or two later and it was still alive. It was about a week behind, and it eventually did hatch in my incubator.
The eggs are dancing around the incubator and one has pipped :love Am hoping to have two more babies by tomorrow morning fingers crossed 🤞

Back
Top Bottom