Natural wormer?

i put braggs apple cider vin. in their water every few days... and have heard about pumpkin seeds too but am not sure as to what kind. i have given them dried ones from the bulk section at the health food store and also gave them both our pumpkins from halloween to pick at. i have not heard of that product. but we have been good so far, hope it stays that way! i think my roosters may have been wormed before i got them with whatever non natural wormer - but i cant control everything!
lol.png
i am trying to avoid giving my birds any weird chemical stuff unless it is a must... i will be interested to hear what everyone else has to say on the subject of this product and any other natural wormer.
tongue.png

This time of year I give them pumpkin seeds, but in the fall they get a whole pumpkin that has holes cot in it for them. They all get some because eventually those holes start to expand.
big_smile.png

have never heard of or used the wormer you mentioned....for the most part i use DE ...can be found at farm store anywheres from $12 - $15 for 40 - 50 pound bags..depending on which farm store i buy from....pumpkin seeds...dry - roast & crush into feed...apple vinegar in water dish..also have heard oregano ..the homestead chick feed uses it as natural wormer or so the farmstore owner told me so.. not positive but i think there are 2 different treatments for round worms and tapeworms.

i forgot to mention...when you use any chemicals on animals your not suspose to butcher within so many days..i would think would be true with any eggs to be eatten.....what goes into the animal comes out also in the product of it........again not sure if this is accurate info but had always thought if given wormers to animals..will kill off any living worms..then you have to redo again in XXX amt of days cuz eggs hatch....but in mean time they can pick up worms and it starts all over again....when you use things like DE it is safe to use everyday..it continues to kill off worms and eggs everyday....i just mix some (( directions on bag)) in feed & stir it in good....plus you can use it as a dust on bodies to kill any bugs-fleas-lice..in nest boxs ect.

Last edited:
soap&eggs :

have never heard of or used the wormer you mentioned....for the most part i use DE ...can be found at farm store anywheres from $12 - $15 for 40 - 50 pound bags..depending on which farm store i buy from....pumpkin seeds...dry - roast & crush into feed...apple vinegar in water dish..also have heard oregano ..the homestead chick feed uses it as natural wormer or so the farmstore owner told me so.. not positive but i think there are 2 different treatments for round worms and tapeworms.

University of Delaware did a study on DE and found it ineffective as a wormer. The researchers theorized that when the DE was in the digestive tract it was wet and that prevented the De from cutting the worms up. The abrasive cutting action is thought to be the reason it works on mites and external environment pest. In slugs we are sure that it is the cutting action that destroys the slug.
I'll get the name of the head of the study head and post it on this thread.​

Back
Top Bottom