Natural Yeast tablets for human and ducks?

Grace16

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2021
Please, can I use natural yeast tablets used by humans for my ducklings niacin requirement?
Can't get Brewers yeast around here.
TIA

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Can you post a picture of the back of the container? I am thinking yes as long as it's just Nutritional yeast. Each duckling will need at least 100mgs of niacin daily.

Grace16

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2021
Can you post a picture of the back of the container? I am thinking yes as long as it's just Nutritional yeast. Each duckling will need at least 100mgs of niacin daily.
Kunimed Natural Yeastar - 100 Tablets is a natural source for yeast which provides support for for healthy eyes and improves mental and physical performance. It also enhances lactation in nursing mother and improve the quality of breast milk.

Ingredient​

Each tablet contains Yeast 300mg.

Direction for Use​

Adults should take 20 tablets daily at once or in divided doses preferably between meals. Children should be given 10 tablets daily at once or divided between meals. It is recommended that you take yeast daily to enhance your health.

Grace16

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2021
Here is the picture of the bottle. The above are the details posted online.
Screenshot_20211018-214058.png

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
That looks like some good stuff. Since it's 300 mg your going to have to figure out how many pills you need to crush up in order for all of them to get daily requirement. 100mg per duckling.
If possible you might want to consider ordering some on line.

ruthhope

Songster
Aug 16, 2021
That looks like some good stuff. Since it's 300 mg your going to have to figure out how many pills you need to crush up in order for all of them to get daily requirement. 100mg per duckling.
If possible you might want to consider ordering some on line.

ruthhope

Songster
Aug 16, 2021
I checked up on line and there is no information on the niacin content of the tablets. The 300mg is "yeast".

Human adults and children do not need to eat yeast tablets, although vegans may eat nutritional yeast to ensure they get Vitamin B12.

I don't think that the tablets are good for ducks either -- there is no guarantee there is any niacin in the tablets

While the quality of medicines made in Nigeria has improved over the last 10 years, there is no regulation there for dietary supplements. I think that these tablets should be considered junk until, at a minimum, the detailed contents of the tablets is printed on the label

ruthhope

Songster
Aug 16, 2021
Please, can I use natural yeast tablets used by humans for my ducklings niacin requirement?
Can't get Brewers yeast around here.
TIA
Hi Grace, I am wondering whether you and y our ducks are in Nigeria? If you are, I suggest allowing your ducks to forage for bugs/grubs/worms/snails will be better for the ducks than those tablets that might be made from sawdust. If its not safe for them to forage widely, can you regularly dig up mud with grubs etc in it from a wet place? Your ducks will love going through a pile of mud looking for grubs!!

good luck!

Top Bottom