1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nature's Variety Raw Food-Input

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ThornyRidge, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    Is anyone familiar with this.. it is sold locally here and to try it out I am considering it with my older cat with kidney disease.. guess want to see if he will even make somewhat of a switch before jumping in full go! some background on the cat can be found in posting titled older cat questions.. have spent the past hour or so looking around for some raw diet stuff and this along with another brand was recommended due to either no or limited veges/fruits and fillers in the product.. nature's variety is 95% meat, bone etc. and only 5% vege/fruit.

2. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    you might want to consider making your own raw,,just whole pieces of food,,I think the stuff you are looking at is ground,,and using ground you lose all the dental benifits..its the tearing,ripping and chewing that clean up the teeth and gums..some cats can be VERY hard to get on raw in older age,but it is worth it..cats do not need any veggies at all,,they are strict carnivores in nature,and I am thinking you can actually get by cheaper by buying meat and organs then buying the premade stuff.there are some really good raw feeding yahoo groups you might look into.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2011
    It is for sure better than any kibble out there. But true raw would be the absolute best. Check out preymodelraw.com, and you will learn a lot about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by