Naughty hens and slacker roos

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kipepeo, Sep 17, 2009.

1. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    this morning went to let them out and Cinderella flew out of the tree and I was like oh whoa what is going on then I see 5 girls coming around from the back of the coop [​IMG] I thought last night that it didn't seem like everyone was there is was just around 8 and they have always went up with out a problems the roos always round everyone in.[​IMG].

Unfortunately tonight I didn't get home till a little after 8 and found this

[​IMG]
    Cinderella, Lace, Not named and then miss piggy is on the other side

[​IMG]

They are above the main coop door. Tomorrow will make sure I am here to put them where the belong geesh they are the ones that usually were up first thing.

Any ideas of how to deal with this? If I don't suceed in trying to get them where they belong?

btw that branch will be getting cut down as we are redoing the roof soon.

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Clip a wing. I've got one that will ALWAYS get in a tree if she can. I keep her wing clipped. I don't clip my others, they don't need it.

3. kipepeo

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    Quote:They don't fly up they climb up the tree and then usually fly down.

4. kipepeo

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    Well all for girls were here in the morning will see if I can get them to roost inside instead of out tonight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by