Naughty naughty fussy hen!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mommissan, Dec 3, 2011.

1. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    My best girl disappeared today. She was all bothered because I cleaned the coop today, and apparently I didn't put things back where they belong. Sheesh. So, we looked all over and came to the conclusion that a predator took her since there was absolutely no sign of her anywhere. My daughter cried and cried. We went to town and when we got back, there's my girl sitting under the spruce tree. Can I spank a chicken? Her butt was floppy and empty, so she has laid an egg somewhere in the yard/woods. I'm glad she's home. I could care less about the egg. Now, about her attitude.....

2. mkcolls

mkcolls Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Ohio
    LOL We have 7 EEs that "punish" us when we do things that don't please them. They will actually scold us, loud and long. [​IMG] Silly chooks. We do love it, they seem more like pets than our other chooks.

Makes having chickens so much fun and never boring. [​IMG]

3. mrdruids

mrdruids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    one of my girls kept disappearing and we thought the worst each time, turned out she was building up a clutch of eggs hidden on the side of the house getting ready to brood. they can drive you nuts!

4. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    Don't these girls know I'm the only one around here who's allowed to have an attitude?

5. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:Exactly! If momma ain't happy, no one better even think about being happy!

Mine seem to be upset, too. I got one egg today. Usually 6-7.

I brought home two light brahma pullets. You'd think they'd appreciate me bringing home some new friends, but apparently, NOT!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by