Naughty ... Naughty

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by deChickyHen, Jan 21, 2012.

1. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

I don't know if i should call cupid or the police!!! LOL But this one has been none stop all day.... I better get some chickies lata!!!!

2. KarenP

KarenP Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Westport
    I don't know why, but i always feel so bad for my girls!! They never seem to get a break and the darn roosters are so rough!!!

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I feel kinda bad for them too. Especially when I see how hard they're pulling on thier neck feathers.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Oh my! He needs a few valium (or the gals)!

5. deChickyHen

Sep 12, 2011
    You are so right, but he is the boss an, if 1 of the other 2 roosters saddle up , he runs and knocks them off, i just feel bad because or the way they get on they pull the neck feathers and the poor girls can't do anything about it, and then again, I have some hens who stick around that rooster all day and wont leave his side no matter how much he jumps on them... crazy birds

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I agree here too!

7. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Is he less than a year old? Ours start out like that but mellow out before they're two.

One even became fond of a log for a while. And one wasn't always on the right side of the hen. Now, its the hens squatting in front of him, and he obliges, but u can tell its just work for him. The hens get up afterward and waggle their tails like, "thanks, that was a good one". But sometimes they squat and squat and he's just like, "I didn't see that."

8. deChickyHen

Sep 12, 2011
    yes he is just about 6 months old.... I don't know what to think of him yet.... A lover [​IMG]or a rapist.... [​IMG].... I hope he does slow down on them... poor girls be hiding from him.. 2 even figured how to get up on top of the coop.... he comes near them and starts to do his dance... they get to the top of that coop as fast as they can....

9. openheartnp

openheartnp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ

LOL! That's really funny! Chickens...you never know what kind of entertainment you are in for, it varies daily. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by