NB Market Winchester VA 1st Annual Swap & Farm Market 9-14

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Ridge Farm, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ridge Farm

Ridge Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Gore, VA
    FIRST ANNUAL POULTRY SWAP & FARM MARKET
    When: Sept 14th, 2013 8am - noon
    Where: NB Market 5057 Northwestern Pike, Gore VA 22637 540-313-4888
    What to Bring:
    Chicks
    Laying Hens
    Started Pairs and Trios
    Showy Bantams
    Waterfowl
    Gamebirds
    Hatching Eggs
    Incubators
    Brooders
    Coops
    Waterers/Feeders
    Bunnies
    Farm/Country Crafts
    This is a Buy/Sell/Trade event and it is FREE to attend and setup as a vendor. It will be organized by local poultry hobbyists and is open to the public.

Poultry- Out of State- Must be NPIP certified and have forms showing test dates for Pullorum typhoid testing (within 90 days) or forms showing that birds originated from a PT clean flock and all out of state birds must also show negative Avian Influenza testing (within 10 days of sale). Poultry can also travel on Certificate of Veterinary Inspection with these test dates listed as previously mentioned.
    Sheep/Goats- All sheep and goats must be Scrapie tagged OR tattooed with registration papers present. If from out of state then must also have Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (health certificate from vet) which is good for 30 days.
    Equine- All horses/ponies/donkeys, etc must have a negative Coggins test dated within 1 year. If out of state then must also have Certificate of Veterinary Inspection within 30 days.
    In state poultry- can be tested day of sale or bring their NPIP paperwork showing testing results. (Arrive early – 7am as there may be a line.)
    We also ask that no one start selling before 8am So that everyone has the same time to setup and get ready and no one gets offended. If you plan on selling get there early enough to get your birds tested and setup before things get started and don't forget to bring boxes to send your birds home in.
    For more information, call Carrie 571-233-5208 or Noreen (Ridge Farm) 540-336-2386

COME EARLY, STAY LATE, AND HAVE FUN!

2. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Woo hoo! I'll be there. Looking for POL pullets.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. Ridge Farm

Mar 10, 2009
    Gore, VA
    Excellent! We'll see you there.

4. DYNO360

DYNO360 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Kearneysville
    Good to see an event like this for the Winchester area.

5. Ridge Farm

Mar 10, 2009
    Gore, VA
    Will you be there?

6. DYNO360

Jun 1, 2010
    Kearneysville
    I plan on being there.

7. Ridge Farm

Mar 10, 2009
    Gore, VA
    Let's hope we can get the word out and have several vendors!

8. DYNO360

Jun 1, 2010
    Kearneysville
    I went out to the NB Market to check it out. It is located on the south side of Rt. 50 at the intersection of Hayfield Rd., before you get to Gore, VA. The "Market" is "neat as a pin" and there is plenty of parking around the store facing Rt. 50. From what I was told, the "chicken swap" is to be held behind the market in a grassy area. You really can't see the grassy area from Rt. 50, so take the road (S. Hayfield Rd.) next to the market and drive around behind to find the chicken swap. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  9. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Just a reminder that this swap is coming up this weekend. It's west of Winchester, in Hayfield, which is just a few miles out of town.

10. nstaib

nstaib Out Of The Brooder

can i ask what is being brought? i've got a few pullets, but i'm still looking for a few more...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by