NBA? anyone?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cupman, May 23, 2012.

1. cupman

cupman Songster

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Well, I have seen very, very little about sports on BYC so maybe this thread is in vain, but... My team never even made the playoffs...(Trailblazers.. bad year). I have been kind of watching. I'm impressed with the Pacers, though they haven't had a good past couple games. I have no horse in the race anymore so I'm just excited to see who wins. I predict Spurs. vs. Miami for NBA finals. OKC is great and I have much respect but I just have a feeling the Spurs will best them. Any other fans? What are your thoughts?

Edit: I predict the Spurs will beat the Heat in 7 games.(prediction 5/23/12)

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. dela1991

dela1991 Songster

Apr 21, 2010
    Delaware
    Realistic Sixers fan here. Tonight should be interesting. I have to agree with you on Spurs/Heat final but I would like to see the Heat win. I was so happy to see the Lakers get beat. I don't stay up late enough to watch the west coast games so I didn't actually get to see it.
    See ya, World Peace.

3. cupman

cupman Songster

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I really want to see the Celtics lose. I can't stand that franchise. I guess we'll see in a couple hours.

4. dela1991

dela1991 Songster

Apr 21, 2010
    Delaware
    It's not starting out good for the Sixers. My husband has changed the station as the Phillies are playing too. I can't say that I hate the Celtics, but it would be cool if the Sixers won. I don't like the Lakers because I detest Ron Artest. I don't get the Meta World Peace thing. There is nothing peaceful about him. There are so many young, exciting players out there right now. I like the Sixers because they are the local team, but I really like watching any teams play. A few years back our kids gave my husband and I tickets to see the Sixers play Cleveland. LeBron was still a Cavalier. The game was in Philly and there were more people in the place rooting for the Celtics than for the Sixers. We have seen the Spurs play a few times. Back when Allen Iverson was still a 76er. I still miss A.I. Too bad that he went out like he did. He was one of the greatest. Right now it is 27-22 Boston.

5. dela1991

dela1991 Songster

Apr 21, 2010
    Delaware
    Sorry we couldn't get rid of the Celtics for you, Cup. It was ugly basketball. Go Heat!

6. cupman

cupman Songster

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Too bad. I don't even think there's any teams left in it I like. I probably won't watch anymore games this season.

7. Well I found the Lakers haters thread [​IMG]

But I'm more of a hockey fan and my Kings are doing good only one more team to beat [​IMG]

But for next year "go Lakers" [​IMG]

8. cupman

cupman Songster

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I wanted to see the Lakers beat OKC. I have a chip on my shoulder after Portland drafted Oden instead of Durant. I understand why Portland did what they did but dang... in 5 years the man has only played in 82 games. 82 games is a regular season.. he's been on the bench 80% of the time.. Kills me. And then Brandon Roy retired due to injury, what a heart break.

I also like Kobe. I know a lot of people hate the guy and think he's a rapist or whatever but I see him as a champion. He just has such a way about him to steal and run away with a game by himself. It's respectable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: