NC Pennsylvania swaps 2011

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by flitter, Jul 6, 2011.

1. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

I keep seeing this kind of thread for other states! Not for this part of PA. So if anyone knows of something, how about adding a post? Please? Pretty please?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. 1shotcleaner

1shotcleaner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    duke center pa 16729
    there is a pa thred

3. flitter

Yes, but I haven't seen many swaps on it. Maybe there just aren't many in this part of the state. I'm not aware of any but thought others might be.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  4. 1shotcleaner

1shotcleaner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    duke center pa 16729
    im not finding any up hear. im in bradford aria mckean county. most iv herd of are east and south. by like 150-200 miles where are you? the Pennsylvania thred has a few listed on it.

5. flitter

I'm on the Lycoming/Clinton County boarder. I haven't heard of any around here either. It sounds like such a neat way to see/find/buy/sell chickens.

6. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Quote:Ah, hiya neighbor! I'm on the Lycoming/Columbia county border. I went to one in May here in PA and I went to Maryland in June to another. If you want to drive to Pittsburg, there is one at the Fayette County Fairgrounds every 3rd Sunday, I believe, from 7-12. They have a website if you are interested in checking it out. I've discovered PA is quite lacking in the chickenstock area (especially the northeastern section). Maybe some of us could get something set up?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  7. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    Hey Flitter! First time I've seen anyone this close to us on here. We are in Mill Hall. There is a farmers market at the clinton county fairgrounds every tuesday. We are probably going to hit that about once a month and sell some odds and ends, mainly culls. Price to set up a booth is $20. I know the woman on the fair board that got it up and running and she is pretty sure birds and eggs would sell well.
    Swaps aren't very common around our area. Steph did a chickenstock in New Tripoli back in may, and there's a few things from time to time in the western part of the state, but nothing locally. Albrights feed mill did an open house style day and asked us to set up a table, but we couldn't make that one.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  8. flitter

Quote:Ah, hiya neighbor! I'm on the Lycoming/Columbia county border. I went to one in May here in PA and I went to Maryland in June to another. If you want to drive to Pittsburg, there is one at the Fayette County Fairgrounds every 3rd Sunday, I believe, from 7-12. They have a website if you are interested in checking it out. I've discovered PA is quite lacking in the chickenstock area (especially the northeastern section). Maybe some of us could get something set up?

Pittsburg is at least a 4 hour trip... we live in a largish state, don't we? We probably should try to set up our own. Some states even seem to have something with TSC but not us... moan, whine, pity party!

9. flitter

Quote:We are practically next door neighbors! We have a farm in Nippenose Valley, past Jersey Shore. I taught in Blanchard for 15 years! I'll check out the CC fairgrounds. I used to buy bulk flour at Albright's in my catering career... I should get the Express or the CDT instead of Williamsport's paper. How did you hear about the chickenstock in May?

10. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    Quote:We are practically next door neighbors! We have a farm in Nippenose Valley, past Jersey Shore. I taught in Blanchard for 15 years! I'll check out the CC fairgrounds. I used to buy bulk flour at Albright's in my catering career... I should get the Express or the CDT instead of Williamsport's paper. How did you hear about the chickenstock in May?

Really!?!? I went to that school for K through 3rd! Small world! Found out about the chickenstock in May on here. She did one the year before also. I haven't asked her if she's doing it next year yet. We are planning on one for New Hampshire next year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by