1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NE Kansas-trade or give away Bantam

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sunflower, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Sunflower

Sunflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Berryton, KS
    I got 2 bantams at Orschleins in Lawrence, KS and ended up with two Cockerals, darn it all.
    He is so sweet, just like his brother.
    Would like to trade for a bantam hen or give Fireball to a good home only.
    This is Fireball.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here he is just a young thing
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what type he is, but he is very friendly and is about 8 weeks old. I don't want to ship him anywhere.

2. aimee

aimee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    What a pretty guy!

3. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I wished I were allowed roo's or I would take a drive and come get him. In the city so no roo's allowed, he is SO pretty tho. [​IMG]

4. Sunflower

Apr 10, 2007
    Berryton, KS
    Thanks! [​IMG] He is a cutie. It's hard to give him up, but the he and his brother are already "sparring" together. (They're just playing at this point.)
    I've got one big roo that is rather effeminate so far (he is only about 10 weeks old) but these two little banties are fiesty. They have been since day 1!
    They love our company and when we go outside, the little dudes as we call them, come running. They follow you around the yard too.

5. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    Some fine looking Old English Game Bantams you got there, hope ya find someone to take him, sound like quite the lil character....

6. Menagerie

Menagerie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    What a great guy. I have two BB OEG myself (parrot & lucky) father and son. They get along...Lucky is the submissive one and Parott likes to fight plastic cups, kid toys (or the kids if they aren't watching their back). They live with Jersey giant roos too so if he wants to fight they will give him a run. For the most part everyone has figured out their place in the change of command. Good luck finding a home for him. My Parott is the coolest roo!!

7. Sunflower

Apr 10, 2007
    Berryton, KS
    Menagerie, sounds like you have 3 roos that do ok together, so maybe mine will too.

I am not adamant about getting rid of the extra roo, as long as everyone is happy, I'll be happy.
    For example, I'm not going to put a free ad in the local paper, H E double hockey sticks, no!

Thanks for your comments, and now I know what they are.
    Take care![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by