NE Portland trade chicken sitting

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Netaj, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Netaj

Netaj New Egg

Mar 9, 2017
    Hi I am new to this forum although I have been reading it and keeping chickens for at least a decade. Now that we are retired my husband and Iike to take off for a few days or a week once in a while. Our chickens are in a mostly self care set up but the eggs need to be gathered and just eyes on them to make sure nothing unusual has happened. Anyone out there interested in trading hen watching?

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!
    I'm a bit far out for such a swap, but do know there is quite the "urban coop" movement in PDX so hopefully it won't take too long to find someone near enough to be able to take you up on this. Have you tried asking at the place you get your feed and other supplies at - whether a staff person themselves might be the right fit for what you are looking for or if they might be able to help you network with some others in your more immediate area who also keeps birds and might be looking for the same sort of flexibility? Do you have any neighbors that could pop over - especially a neighbor child who might, with mom/dad's help, be looking for a chance to experience chicken keeping on a temporary basis?

3. Netaj

Netaj New Egg

Mar 9, 2017
    Thanks, good ideas but not much interest in my hood. I will check at urban farm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by