near illinois swaps..or trades

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by apc, Dec 18, 2009.

1. apc

apc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    Looking to find swaps in northern or central illinois or near the quad cities in iowa. Also may be interested in trading eggs when it gets a lil warmer.

2. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I'm looking for a brooder, I'm in Illinois, so I will give this a bump...

3. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    I'm an hour south of the QCs , hoping to get a flock started in spring and watching this thread with interest .

4. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    there is one in elkhorn WI about 30 minutes from the border and the garfield museum has has are rare exoctic animal swap(both April I think) and the Illini poultry show in September has a large swap area. The Kankakee swap and the Freeport swap are the biggest(Kankakee is like once a month and Freeport is like every Saturday I think or Sunday during good weather so its not during Winter) Chana sale barn is an auction held every Tuesday March-November and Saturdays and Tuesdays in May(I think its may) and thats the most amazing place! it has all animals(except livestock like cows and horses) there is every last thing in the world there and it goes for rock bottom prices. Things like cars, RVs, Food(grocery store inventory that has went out of buisness) plants, garage sale items, fruit, rabbits, ducks, geese, chickens, parrots, peacocks, guineas etc. EVERYTHING. We go almost every week, they have a website so google chana sale barn to find it(I can't remember what it is).
    Hope that helps, Tamara
    you should really try Chana its so much fun!

5. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks for the thing about Chana! I have added that one to my bookmarks...I'm not far from Kankakee so I know about that one.

6. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:your welcome, see you there [​IMG] lol

7. beerman

beerman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Smithville, il
    I live near Peoria, I might try one of the Chana auctions 2.5 hours tho I have to be in a good mood for that drive [​IMG]

8. apc

apc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    Any show/swaps or stuff coming up? Im looking for a black silkie rooster, and with kankakee closing down for the next couple of months Im not sure where to look [​IMG]
    Also would like to find some shows that I can go and observe. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by