1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nearly done

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Dingo, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

My coop is nearly done. It's mostly recycled pallets and some cull wood. I dont think it turned out too bad. It's a bit crooked, but the girls dont seem to care. 2 floors, bottom floor will have the nest box, top floor has the roost. They've checked it out a couple times already, they still need to figure out how to use the ramp though. The ramp has 2 layers of sawdust painted on with about 3 coats of paint to keep it stuck on, it's very rough so they can grip it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Nice job on the pallet coop.I am hoping to make one too.

3. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Very nice....[​IMG]

4. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    nicely done. GJ

5. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks. I forgot to mention the whole ceiling is a vent, it's open on both sides for airflow and can be closed with a board. And the door at the front with the hardware cloth will have a plexiglass cover for winter. Should be plenty of ventilation for the girls.
    If it does get drafty they have the lower level to retreat to as well.

6. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Fine job. Looks good.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  7. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Looks very cute and nice, and it is amaizing how man can use and salvage pallets [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by