1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nearly finished--- Does my run need wire on top?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kkapotsy, Apr 17, 2016.

1. kkapotsy

kkapotsy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2016
    Almost finished with the whole set-up. We are almost done with the run, and have a question. We are planning on using shade cloth over the top of the run. Do I need to continue the welded wire on top and THEN shade cloth? Or can I use shade cloth only? Thanks for any input![​IMG]

2. pfields

pfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Shade cloth is a great idea. I don't think you need the hardware cloth unless you have a real problem with predators. Nice coop and run!

3. kkapotsy

Mar 3, 2016
    Thank you!! We will try shade cloth for now and reinforce if we end up needing. Thank you for your input!

4. pfields

pfields Chillin' With My Peeps

You can buy sunshade sails or the cloth on ebay in lots of different colors. The tan would look really nice on your run.

Would love to see the inside of your coop.

5. kkapotsy

Mar 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

Here's the inside from the access door, but I plan on removing the current roost and doing a poop board with pdz higher up...my only worry is they won't have enough space to get up there? But in another post was told they would have plenty to hop up there so we'll see!

That way there is more floor space for them. Also going to replace the access door with a hardware cloth screen door for summer ventilation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by