Nearly finished

imneva

Songster
Apr 9, 2018
north central Wv
here is the roost and poo board and ramp up. As well as nesting “boxes”. I will have them blocked off better before I add the girls.

Attachments

• F3C84AA4-3417-4FEA-8882-8C1452D44095.jpeg
    F3C84AA4-3417-4FEA-8882-8C1452D44095.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 7FC96566-A86F-4F6D-8D7B-27422702EC83.jpeg
    7FC96566-A86F-4F6D-8D7B-27422702EC83.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 21
Looks like fun, how are you going to clean that poop board? Is it 10 feet off the ground as it looks
:lol:
haha my first thought too!

It doesn't need to be that high, even 5 feet would be hard to manage with a step stool unless you want a mouth full of .....
I'd drop it down to right above the nests.

:lol:
haha my first thought too!

It doesn't need to be that high, even 5 feet would be hard to manage with a step stool unless you want a mouth full of .....
I'd drop it down to right above the nests.
I may drop it but I have a poo board so should not be getting a mouthful of anything lol

You just keep on believing that and don't ever listen to your elders. Even the most cautious and carefully made plans can lead you to wind up with poo in your mouth or at least all over your head if you have chickens long enough. It's just the Law of Averages. :old:lau:gig

Last edited:
I may drop it but I have a poo board so should not be getting a mouthful of anything lol
I'm 5-4 and also have a poop board and would not want it that close to my face while cleaning it.....plus it would just be hard to reach, my board is at about 30" off the floor.
Wait....Maybe you remove the board to clean it?

I'm 5-4 and also have a poop board and would not want it that close to my face while cleaning it.....plus it would just be hard to reach, my board is at about 30" off the floor.
Wait....Maybe you remove the board to clean it?
I have sand on it so I will scoop it like cat litter no scraping and when I scrap the roost I will take it outside
and I have several inches of shaving and peet for them to land on if the don't use the ramp

Back
Top Bottom