1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Neat pics from this morning

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Nov 13, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hey yall,
    I had the coolest encounter with a heron this morning. He'll come up while I'm out in the canoe feeding the ducks & stays a good distance away.This morning he got brave & landed on a log about 20 ft. from me.They are so beautiful & are nothing but legs,lol.

I had one of my dogs & a cat [​IMG] in the canoe with me, maybe the pics aren't too blurry.
    I've been playing with a watermark program for my pics,so still trying to figure it out,lol.
    A pic of the bayou
    [​IMG]

Louisiana Heron
    [​IMG]

Trying to catch a fish
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking, have a good evening, Miriam [​IMG]

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Wow! some beautiful pics. thanks for sharing [​IMG]

wendy

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Neat! We have fish cranes or herons or whatever they are called land in the creek here all the time. They just look so neat!

4. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Very neat, and I understand the watermark, but....too big! It takes so much away from the photos.

5. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Really great pics........Thanks.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Shucks I would have loved to save that second pic for my screensaver... oh well.

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I used to go to Louisianna in late winter for several years. One son lived in Ponchatoula and another lived in the French Quarter. I sure miss going. They have both since moved to southwest Missouri. It sure was nice to leave cold and snowy Michigan for several weeks. It made winter a little more bearable. Plus I really enjoyed the food. I spent many a foggy morning looking a sights just like your pictures. Thanks for the memories.

8. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    We've had some blue herons stop by our pond a few times this past summer-- they are really cool. I love your pics!!!

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Great photos! You live in a fantastic area [​IMG] I agree, the watermarks distract from the photo, maybe you could make them a bit more opaque? Good luck playing with it [​IMG]

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    The photos are stunning (agree with others re the watermark) you truly are blessed to live in such a beautiful area, can we have more pics please as I have never been to Louisanna. Am intrigued that you paddle a canoe to feed your ducks, post a pic please, please please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by