Nebraska State Poultry Association 129th Annual Poultry Show (2013)

gilavina

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 25, 2011
Southeast Nebraska
The Nebraska State Poultry Association show is coming up November 2-3, 2013 in Lincoln, NE at the Lancaster Event Center. The show catalog is now available online at www.nestatepoultryshow.com and for current updates, please like and follow us on Facebook. There are several events for junior exhibitors including a separate junior show (any junior exhibiting is also automatically entered into the open class show as well for no extra charge, so birds will be judged twice), showmanship (using the 4H rules, so is great practice for any 4hers out there), and a junior judging contest. We also will be having a raffle and silent auction, which includes quite a few donations from companies (including the wonderful BYC!).
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Below is listed the meets we have set up for the show.

Rosecomb Bantam Federation (State)
American Poultry Association (State)
National Jersey Giant Club (District)
American Bantam Association (Special)
National Call Breeders of America (Special)
Ameraucana Breeders Club (State)
New Hampshire Breeders Club of America (Special)
Rhode Island Red Club of America (Special)
International Waterfowl Breeder's Association (District)
American Silkie Bantam Club (State)
Belgian Bearded D'Anver Club (State)
International Cornish Breeders Association(State)
Wyandotte Breeders of America (State)
Modern Game Bantam Club of America (Special)
United Orpington Club (District & State)
American Brahma Club (Special)
American Sumatra Association (Special)
Old English Game Bantam Club of America (State)

We also have a couple of pending meets with:
American Langshan Club
Plymouth Rock Fanciers of America

Anyone interested in showing with us, particularly those coming from any sizable distance, it is advisable to get your hotel reservations made ASAP (before Oct 1st) due to the Nebraska State Football home game filling up the hotels quickly. In the event that the host hotel reserved rooms have all been taken, please feel free to contact me and we'll see what we can do to help find you a hotel as nearby as possible.

Also, there is first come, first serve camper hookups at the Lancaster Event Center that costs $25 per night, and has nearby water availability as well. Further information is listed for both the host hotel and the Event Center in the Show Catalog on the club website listed in the first post of this thread.

We have also been granted two additional meets too late to make it into the catalog, which include a State Meet with the Plymouth Rock Fanciers of America and a District Meet for the Cochins International club.

Can anyone verify the dates for this show? The Lancaster Event Center webpage states the show is scheduled for Friday November 1st and Saturday November 2nd 2013. Not Sunday the 3rd-- the day I have planned to attend. I cannot see the Nebraska Poultry Association's website on my phone to cross check the dates. Thanks!

Can anyone verify the dates for this show? The Lancaster Event Center webpage states the show is scheduled for Friday November 1st and Saturday November 2nd 2013. Not Sunday the 3rd-- the day I have planned to attend. I cannot see the Nebraska Poultry Association's website on my phone to cross check the dates. Thanks!
There is check in on Friday the 1st from 5 to 10pm, but the actual show is indeed the 2nd and the morning of the 3rd. I am the show secretary, so can verify this is absolutely correct. If you are wanting to come just to see the show, I would recommend Saturday as that has the most activities and will be the main day, Sunday is more the awards and other final things for the show before check out and tear down. If you are wanting to exhibit, the entries need to be postmarked October 24th, which is this coming Thursday. If you need a show catalog, I can email you one, just PM me with your email address and I'll get one out to you today. Hope this all helps.
smile.png

Thank you. What are the hours Saturday and Sunday?
Saturday we open the show floor at 7 am to give exhibitors coming in the morning to have time to check in before the judging at 8:30am. We try to get the show floor closed by as close to 6:30pm as possible to give people time to head over to the host hotel for the banquet. Sunday we open the show floor at 8am and as soon as awards and misc are over we allow people to coop out. Usually its somewhere between 10 to 11 when that starts, and then once coop out is allowed, that place clears out wicked fast because people are trying to get home to prepare for the week.

Is this typically a single or double show? How many birds are usually entered? Large Fowl vs. Bantams. I have never been to this show, but am thinking about attending. We only live 3.5 hours away. Thanks!

Seth

Back
Top Bottom