Nebraska????

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chickee35, Nov 17, 2007.

1. chickee35

chickee35 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    HI All!
    I am new to raising chickens. Although I must admit, I think I am addicted.[​IMG] Currently have 8 silkies, 22 Top Hats, 4 cochin Bantams, 2 ducks, 10 ducklings, 15 buff orpington chicks, 12 Silkie hatching eggs in the incubator (December 5th should be the lucky day!) , and 6 Rhode Island Reds! My husband and children think I have lost my mind. [​IMG] Just wanted to say that i appreciate all of the great information on this forum!

Cheers!
    Sandy

2. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Quote:Hey Sandy!

WELCOME fellow bird of a feather!!!

I am new too! I really like this site. Be warned though...once the bird bug bites you...you are lost! It's an addiction! I am already thinking of what other chicks I am going to get this Spring. From my own hens AND ones I buy! LOL!

I am in Northeaster Colorado (a spit away from Sidney NE)!

Cheers!

Pedro~:-V

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Hi Sandy,
    Gosh you have alot of chickens [​IMG] I got my 8 std's in August, and another 4 bantams about a month ago.... the bantams just started laying and EVERYONE is all excited...

STAY WARM!!

4. chickee35

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    Paganfish,

I am actually from the Denver Area! Definately gets a whole lot colder here in Nebraska! brrrrrr! :mad: I don't think I am ever going to get used to it. Everyone makes fun of me because I keep the heat lamps going in my chicken coop. They keep telling me that they don't need them. But I can't let my girls catch a chill! [​IMG]

Sandy

5. chickee35

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    Wildsky,

I have two cochin bantam hens and one rooster as well. I have some really great pictures of them. Once I figure out how to post pics on this site, I will. [​IMG]

6. aimee

aimee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    Hi, I'm not to far away from you. I live over at Lake WaConDa (a few miles from Union). I have 5 girls (a Buff Orp, a RIR, a EE mutt, a bantam Frizzle cochin, and a Dutch).

There are a few of us from Nebraska here on the forum.

7. paganfish

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Quote:I hear ya there. I live in the country here and the farmers think I am loony for the way I treat my chickens. I guess coming from Texas, I think anything below +20 is freezing so, ON goes the light! LOL!

I LOVE Denver...but it gets more snow than we do...believe or not.

8. chickee35

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    Hi, I'm not to far away from you. I live over at Lake WaConDa (a few miles from Union). I have 5 girls (a Buff Orp, a RIR, a EE mutt, a bantam Frizzle cochin, and a Dutch).

There are a few of us from Nebraska here on the forum.

Let me know if you ever need another cochin rooster. I am starting to think that I have two too many roosters in the coop. [​IMG]

Thanks,

Sandy

9. paganfish

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Quote:Were you talking to me? [​IMG]

I have NO idea where Union is...much less Lake WaCon'Da (what a funny name! LOL!). [​IMG]

Also, I don't have any Cochins. I have seen pictures of them...wow, are they pretty! [​IMG]

Are yours standard or bantams?

Humm...maybe I'll have to order some this Spring! OH BOY!!! [​IMG]

~:-V

PS I was just in Sidney, NE...wally world shopping! LOL!

10. chickee35

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    Actually, I was talking to Aimee. Sorry I am new to the forum thing....

But I have Cochin Bantams.

Heading to Denver tommorow. This will be the first time that I will be leaving the chickens under someone elses care. [​IMG] uuuuggghhh!

Sandy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by