Nebraska?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Citychick, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Citychick

Citychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Any one else out there from Nebraska?[​IMG]

2. Citychick

Jan 31, 2007
    Wow! I guess I AM the only Nebraskan out here! [​IMG]

3. aimee

aimee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    Hi, I'm from Nebraska. About 35-40 miles south of Omaha.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  4. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    I grew up in Nebraska. Born in Fairbury, raised in Crete. Been in Arizona much longer than I lived in Nebraska, though.

5. Citychick

Jan 31, 2007
    Cool! Glad to hear from you fellow Nebraskans! What kind of birds do you have? I have some barred rocks and mixed chicks, waiting to see if they are pullets. And three banty chicks I hatched just to see if I could! And I just picked up one buff orpington, one RIR, and one aracana all pullets from the feed store. I love them but the hubby can't wait till they go outside! [​IMG]

6. aimee

aimee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    I got one Buff, one RIR, and one Ameraucana, all three are pullets. I just bought them Friday from Lincoln. I was going to get them from Nebraska City but they didn't have any Buffs. I was originally only going to get a Buff and a RIR. Then when we got there and the DH saw they had EE, he said we should get one of those too.

He loves having them in the house, they're in the living room with us. He'll sit and just watch them. He called today from work and asked how they were doing. He's going to miss them when they go outside.

Chicken-mama - we go to AZ a lot, Scottsdale and Cave Creek. One of these days we'll move there. We both love it there.

7. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    My family moved here in 1978. I didn't go back to Nebraska until '03. I've gotten spoiled. I get to see snow, can even step out in it sometimes, but don't have to live in it for any length of time. Not sure I'd want to live anywhere else. We're only a couple hours from Scottsdale, if even that.

8. Citychick

Jan 31, 2007
    My family moved here in 1978. I didn't go back to Nebraska until '03. I've gotten spoiled. I get to see snow, can even step out in it sometimes, but don't have to live in it for any length of time. Not sure I'd want to live anywhere else. We're only a couple hours from Scottsdale, if even that.

My hubby lived in Az for a short time and LOVES it ther I have only been once. VERY warm! But beautiful things to see!

9. AnSfarms

AnSfarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Nebraska
    Hey all!

I am in SE Nebraska near Humboldt. It is about 80 south of Omaha and 75 southeast of Lincoln. We are only 9 miles north of Kansas and 35 miles west of the Missouri River to give you a geographic sense.

I (we) raise exhibition silkies, wyandottes, D'Anvers, and salmon favaerolles in bantams and Salmon Faverolles, Buckeyes, BLR Wyandottes, and starting in some Brahmas and Sumatra as well.

I got a website started last summer and have been trying to work on it over winter.

Take care,

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  10. w8tn4fresheggs

w8tn4fresheggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    I am from Nebraska. Born and raised in Lincoln, then moved to Omaha for 16 years. Finally made the move to country living, but still close to Omaha. Have 2 1/2 acres. A new chicken coop ready for chicks, which will arrive hopefully the week of April 9th. Steph

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by