Ginger my approximately 8 month old easter egger has had symptoms of a "cold" for about a month now. I decided to take her to the vet, and have been really happy with how she has been treated. Today the vet put her under for about 10 min. to get a sample to send to the lab at Purdue University to figure out what exactly she has. She has the lump in her throat (wet pox?) but when the vet swabbed the lump she saw two types of bacteria one short rod type, and one spiral type (secondary bacterial infection?) She decided to treat with baytril and gave her an injection yesterday, and I had instructions to nebulize her this afternoon. I did, and as the treatment was finishing she began to have horrible diarrhea! It was solid (log shaped) in the middle but completely watery and green all around. UPDATE: I talked to the vet this morning and she seems to think that the diarrhea was either coincidental (caused by fluids given to her when she was put under), or could be a reaction to the medication or dosage of medication. We decided to continue treatment with a half dose of the medicine this afternoon. New questions: Does anyone know when it will be safe to eat her eggs, or know of any source that might have the half life information that I could give my vet? (I'm going to stick with my vet's advice and not eat the eggs until spring unless we can find out for certain when it would be safe.) Has anyone given Baytril to one of their chickens before and had an adverse reaction? If so, how did you resolve it? Any guesses on what Ginger has? I'm dying not knowing! The test results will be in on Monday or Tuesday, but I have a hard time being patient!