Neck Flinging

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Woods_Woman, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    My Polish is flinging her neck around kinda like a Rocker at a concert. I've read a little about wry neck, but she doesn't walk backwards or do any of that...She just kinda flings it around as she goes about her business, she is about 6 months old and appears in all other areas to be in great health. Any ideas??? Thanks in Advance.

2. LeghornLisa

LeghornLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Boy, I wish I could be of help but I am very interested in what the reason could be. I hope someone can help....

3. Woods_Woman

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    I am starting to wonder if it's an onset to Wry neck..anyone with insight?

4. Whisper

Whisper Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2009
    My Polish bantam does a similar thing. Whenever you pick her/him up, it immediately flails its neck backwards. I swear it looks like the poor thing's neck is broken, it twists it around and lets its head flop limply.

As soon as you put it down, it pops its head up and sashays off into the coop.

I think it thinks it's one of those birds that pretends it has a broken wing . . .

5. Woods_Woman

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    My girls head is never limp or droopy, she just likes to twist it around. Very odd.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by