Neck Injury 8week old chick

Baf13001

Hatching
Apr 24, 2015
Today I went down to feed and water my 6 eight week old chicks and one of the was holding its neck and head really strangly so I picked her up a felt her neck and it feels broken pretty badly, she just holds her head a little lower and crooked. She's up and moving around eating and drinking fine, but she looks like she has a pretty severe broken neck. What can I do to help her? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Sounds like wry neck or torticolis. I would try it with vitamins in the water or five the chick Polyvisol without iron baby vitamins 2-3 ml by mouth daily. Selenium as well as vitamins B1 and E are especially needed. Selenium is found in eggs, tuna, ground meat and nuts. Poultry Nutri-drench contains all 3 at a dosage of 1 ml by mouth daily. Wry neck can be the result of a head injury, a vitamin deficiency, or from certain diseases such as Mareks disease, lymphoid leukosis, and severe respiratory infections.

Last edited:
She is fully functional, up running around eating and drinking, the only thing is her neck is all crooked and she is unable to hold it the correct way, I don't think I can even move it correctly. Since she's up running around and eating and drinking just fine with the others, is it possible to be wry neck, every case I've seen the chick can't stand

Back
Top Bottom