1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

neck mites???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mindylee, Mar 18, 2013.

1. mindylee

mindylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Lapeer Michigan
    K
    I have dusted them, use DE in the coop, and now put Ivromec on my birds, Y do I still have a small outbreak of neck mites? Am I missing something or is there some kind of trick to get rid of them?

I have no other issues with anything else, and my coop is always nice and clean. I have a roo that was compleatly nacked on his neck, then he left to his new home for 2 months. Came back a few days ago and most of his feathers came back. But while he was gone, the rest of my beautiful flock was starting to show sign of thinning and loss of feathers under their necks too.

????

Please help as I have approx 60 chickens (I breed cochin bantams) and are very near and dear to me. I want to get this under control if it is truely neck mites.

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    The problem may be that there are still mites in the coop. Diatomaceous earth has not been proven to kill mites.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by