Necropsy Guidelines

micstrachan

Addict
8 Years
Apr 10, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Bagheera died today while I was at work. I’d like to send her in for necropsy, but she had been dead awhile when I found her. She was stiff and covered in ants, but her underside was still warm. I bagged her and put her in the fridge. Can I send her in for necropsy or had she been dead too long? I think something respiratory killed her and I need to know what it is.

Bagheera died today while I was at work. I’d like to send her in for necropsy, but she had been dead awhile when I found her. She was stiff and covered in ants, but her underside was still warm. I bagged her and put her in the fridge. Can I send her in for necropsy or had she been dead too long? I think something respiratory killed her and I need to know what it is.
One of my chickens died a couple weeks ago and I had my vet send her in for an necropsy at UC Davis. I want to know why my chicken died also. I guess they do a very thorough investigation into why the chicken died and it takes a while. My vet told me it takes about a month to get the preliminary results and another couple months to get the final results of all the testing they do.

One of my chickens died a couple weeks ago and I had my vet send her in for an necropsy at UC Davis. I want to know why my chicken died also. I guess they do a very thorough investigation into why the chicken died and it takes a while. My vet told me it takes about a month to get the preliminary results and another couple months to get the final results of all the testing they do.
Thanks. I just sent another hen in this summer and definitely satisfied with the thoroughness of the report from UC Davis

Back
Top Bottom