1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need 4-h fund raiser ideas

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gaited horse, Nov 29, 2008.

1. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I need some fund raiser ideas for a hog 4-H group are Christmas tree lot fell thru

2. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    One of the easiest is the Little Ceaser Pizza kits. your group makes $5-6 per kit sold. In our area the schools do these too. So we try to not do ours right after the school does.

Big Boy in our town does Celebrity Waiter night were the tips and a percentage of sales goes to 4-H. 4-H supplies the wait staff, we have had our state representative serve before (he grew up in 4-H)

Pop bottle collection

Spaghetti dinner with silent auction

How much are you looking to raise?

3. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Flower bulb sales are good money makers you earn 50% http://www.dutchmillbulbs.com/ Our group does that and EVERYONE wants bulbs. They have 2 different catalogs you can order from.

4. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    This past summer we went to a barn raising fundraiser and they had this bottle draw.....From what I understand ....you have people donate bottles of whatever..I seen shampoo,ketchup,relish,hot sauce, WINE and booze /beer(adults only) anything thats in a bottle...also had little bottles filled with candies...and then they had a tub full of different cans of pop and water bottles....the bottles on the tables were numbered and the same number was printed on a paper and was placed in the same container to be drawn .....then on other tickets they wrote water or pop that go in the same container to be drawn.....so I think they sold the tickets 3 for $5.00 or $2.oo a ticket...It was a really hot day...so the pop and water they sold for a dollar each...went really good...I guess you could change it to anything you want to...candy draw/can draw/ etc etc....we came home with a water ,mustard and a bottle of Vodka.....they had one 4o oz that attracted alot of people....

5. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Around here hoagies (subs, heros, whatever you all them in your area) are always a great money maker.

6. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    we need about 1,500 dollars for the fair entry fees, beeding for fairs, coats, sweat shrits, shots, ear tags, blood test and 4-h camp

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Sell raffle tickets for an Octogon 20 incubator. Sell 2000 tickets and a buck each and net yhour 1500

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by