1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

need a bunch of eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenfanatic, Aug 7, 2008.

1. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    ok heres the deal. i recieved an incubator full of eggs last week to try out my new genesis bator. wellll the stupid post office had a bunch broken when they got here and when i candled today at 7 days alllll the airspots are scrambled not 1 survivor im so ticked off. anyway i really need about 42 eggs soon so if anyone has any standard type eggs let me know asap i have wasted way to much money on eggs and havent turned out anything yet i dont know what to do im not buying off of ebay for awhile i can tell u that the guy packed them terribly wrong. so anyway i cant afford a whole lot. but my daughter is freaking out because she was looking forward to a bator full of babies and now all hope for them is gone. please if u can let me know asap thanks in advance

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, what are you looking for? I can get you some leghorn whites, RIR/white leghorn mixes, easter eggers, RIR's.

I also have turkey eggs but as you know they will take longer to ship.

If I can get 42 eggs in a standard shipping box, I'll do that. Please e mail and let me know if you are interested. I can ship to you on Wed 13th if that's soon enough.

[email protected] is my e mail. Thanks.

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I know it is so frustrating when you get eggs that are not properly packed and they are damaged. However, that one bad seller isn't a reflection on eBay sellers as a whole. I have received wonderful, beautifully packed eggs from eBay sellers. I would have a talk with that particular seller about his egg packing and not buy from him again. Good luck. [​IMG]

4. chickenfanatic

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    luvmychicknkids i do understand it doesnt reflect on all of them i understand that and yes i am frustrated the individual in question had good feedback and all i blame the postal service more than him but good packing is detrimental i contacted him and he basically told me tuff luck. this is the fourth time out of 6 that this has happened. i will give ebay another try sometime but it will probably be awhile. im turning to the byc members here because i know 99 percent of them love thier eggs and birds as much as we do. im just tired of seeing the dismay in my daughters eyes when i tell her her eggs arent going to hatch. i bought a good bator and now this ahhhh. sorry for the rant just ticked off.

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Oh, no, you have every right to be angry and upset. Rant on. [​IMG] I totally understand. When I had to tell my son that the single surviving Silkie egg from very brutalized shipment (the P. O. seemed to have played kickball with them) died at 10 days development because its yolk was broken, the look on his precious little face just killed me. Thankfully I got more Silkie eggs today and the P.O. didn't seem to treat them as bad. [​IMG] Good luck getting some babies to hatch. [​IMG]

6. chickenfanatic

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    thanks and good luck on hatching ur silkies

7. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I could send yo some mixed breed standard eggs with the possibility of having some of the eggs purebred,but this is a bad time to ship,with the heat and all. If you're willing to take the chance, PM me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by