1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need a Coop design for 4-5 silkie's

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, May 30, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    I need a Coop deisgn for 4-5 silkie chickens. If anyone can post some plans for a something like this please post it i would really apperciate it. I have 5 eggs in the incubator growing im at day 8 have 13 days left. I will try to keep you all up to date on what happening on the egg to hatch or what ever its called. Again if anyone can post some plans for a coop that fits 4-5 silkie chickens. Would Aperrciate it:D[​IMG][​IMG]

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How exciting! I hope you have a great hatch!

I'm wondering what part of the country you live in. Coops can vary a little, depending on the climate you live in. How's the weather where you're at?

3. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    Well, today it's suppose to go up to 88 im at day 8 in inubation 13 days left can't wait I wanna get the coop underway and start building I need a small one to fit 5 or 4 silkie chickens coop Plans [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2007
  4. WoodlandWoman

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How are your winters? Does it get really cold there?

Do you have a brooder, yet?

5. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    Are winter are pretty could but never gets to negative 5 degrees or anything. Yes I have a brooder all set up news shavings and waterer and yet to fnid a store that carrys chick feed.Now i have one question DO YOU HAVE ANY COOPS PLANS!?

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    If you look at the they have a section where everyone has posted pictures of there coops. You could get ideas from that. I used a old playhouse that was never finished.

7. WoodlandWoman

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by