Need a day old chick near Murfreesboro, TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jun 19, 2010.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I have had a failed hatch. One baby made it out. It doesn't look like the other 10 are going to hatch for whatever reason. This little baby is loud and screamy. I'm thinking another baby to keep it company will help.
    Breed doesn't matter. Health does. Please, does anyone have a spare day old chick?

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have a lot! But I fear you are too far from me for it to matter. I am near the NC state line at Landrum SC. I think you are about 5 hours from me.

3. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Eek! That is a little too far. [​IMG] Thanks for the offer though!

There are a TON of BYCers near me. I'm hoping at least one of them has a very young chick they would sell me. [​IMG] The baby has a mirror and a stuffed toy for company so most of the frantic screaming has stopped. I just think it will be happier with a friend. I have babies hatching out under a hen in about a week. Worst comes to worst I can snag one of those babies to move inside. The screaming is both heartbreaking and annoying. [​IMG]

4. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    I have some silkie chicks that I hatched two weeks ago but my hens were seting on eggs and were hatching one every day, two or three are very small. Oh, they are silkies and the small ones are splash. Would that help?
    I'm also thinking about going to Murfreesboro to pick up an incubator.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  5. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    That would be awesome, silkietime! I do LOVE silkies and will never turn down new ones. Just let me know how much you would like for them. If you have two small ones I would happily do that. Three chicks is always better than two chicks. [​IMG]

I will be in Murfreesboro tomorrow afternoon and THursday evening if you are over this way. I could also meet Friday evening or Saturday morning. This week has gotten crazy!

Thanks so much!

6. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    $4 each would be fine. Just have white and splash, do you like one color better then the other? Any time is good for me. E-mail or PS any time. Hate to see babies all alone. [​IMG]

7. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Splash would be fun. I don't have any splash. [​IMG]
    I could meet you tomorrow afternoon if you are coming this way. I get back to Murfreesboro around 1pm so anytime after that is great. Let me know if that won't work and we can figure out something else. $4 each is swell!
    I'll send you a PM with my phone number. Just yell at me!
    Thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by