Need a Duck.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Gulfstream, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    Hi all! New here and am loving all the info and great stories. I am the proud keeper of 5 lovely 5 month old Swedish Blues and 5, 2 week old Silver Laced Wyandots. Love them all. Problem is spring has sprung here in lovely south Florida and I have 3 boy blues and only 2 girlies. One was killed a few months ago and am assuming it was a female. So, long story short one macho male is all alone and lonesome and needs a girl. I phoned Metzer (whom I purchased from) only to be told only babies. This won't help. I need a girl around the same age. I have heard tell ducks can be breed snobs, but at this point desperate times call for desperate measures. He is miserable and getting more miserable. So, after a major failed search I am reaching out to you all to see if you know anyone who would part with a girl for my guy.

Please oh please let me know what you can. I don't want to give him up but I hate seeing him so sad.

Thanks all!

2. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    [​IMG] you might want to post in the "Wanted to buy" section. [​IMG] Also try craigslist!

3. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    Thanks! Now I have to go post on nine more topics since it won't allow me to update my status til I blather on for a bit.

4. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
  5. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Go to the Floridian thread under "where are you, where am I?" and post - I'm sure someone can help you out. Check the link for the swaps, too. There will be one in May in Pinellas Park, just north of St.Pete.
    [​IMG]

6. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    Quote:That's an excellent suggestion.

You'll probably get a quick response. Also keep checking Craigs List in your area or put up a wanted ad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by